Sunday, August 21, 2011

So Happy

Here's my card for the latest Market Street Stamps sketch challenge. I went bright and cheery on this one, using the So Happy set for my card.

I stamped one of the set's flower images in green ink on a blue panel, then paper pieced the top of the flower using a scrap of yellow patterned paper. The flower panel is set on a yellow panel with machine stitched edges. A strip of green dotted paper runs along the left side of the solid panel for some contrast. The set's "you make me so happy" sentiment is stamped in green ink on a green panel and set on the patterned paper strip

I put one of the somewhat neglected cardstock stickers from my Echo Park Playground collection kit to work here, adding the cloud above the flower with some dimensional dots. I attached a yellow button, tied with baker's twine, as a sun. I'm glad I was able to come up with a way to put at least one of those stickers to use!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps So Happy stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Bamboo Leaves ink, Echo Park Splash 6x6 paper pad and Playground Collection Kit, Divine Twine yellow baker's twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Pear Tart, Baja Breeze, and Daffodil Delight cardstock (Stampin' Up!); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, what a fabby card! Love the bright happy colors you chose and that sticker is perfect for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute..love how you did that cloud..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love that cloud tucked behind the button sun. Totally gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing along with the sketch challenge at Market Street! :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips