Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dreams and a Cup of Tea

It's almost the end of the month, so I made sure to wrap up the final two Viva la Verve sketches for September. Here they are, with even a few days to spare!

Here's my card for week 3. This one came together very quickly with a pair of coordinating papers from Bo Bunny's Ad Lib paper pad. I went with a green paper with a pale grid pattern to cover most of the card base and a more boldly patterned one for the large panel.

I stamped one of the sentiments from Verve's Words of Wisdom in blue ink on a yellow circle, then layered it on a green scalloped circle. After setting the panel on the cardfront, I added a coordinating strip of blue grosgrain ribbon across it to add texture. There's a dark brown strip at the bottom of the ribbon that's paper pierced all the way across, but it doesn't show in my photo. It's been so dark and dreary here lately that it's hard to get good pictures!

Since the sentiment I used is about dreams, I used a felt star as an embellishment. It looks a little too small--I probably should have found something larger . . .

Materials Used:Words of Wisdom stamp set (Verve Stamps); Marina Mist Classic ink, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Marina Mist, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Ad Lib 6x6 paper pad (Bo Bunny); circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders); Seeing Stars and Double-Ended Banner dies, Harvest Gold felt, Blueberry Sky button (Papertrey Ink); linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas)

And, here's my card for this month's final sketch. It's definitely outside of my normal style, leaning towards shabby chic and vintage, or as close to that as I can get.

I started with the feminine text and floral print paper from a new My Mind's Eye pad (check them out here at i {heart} papers). After inking the edges of the panel with distress ink, I added diagonal strips of the reverse side of the paper. The edges of the pink strips are machine stitched--I had a minor sewing machine malfunction on strip #3, so please ignore the irregular stitching . . .

The panel is wrapped with some pink satin ribbon and set on a matching pink card base. I die cut a tag from cream cardstock and inked its edges, then stamped the "you're my cup of tea" sentiment from Verve's Better with You set at the bottom. I stamped the set's tea cup image on pink cardstock and cut it out. It's attached to the tag with foam tape. A pretty pink bow at the top of the tag adds one final feminine touch.

Materials Used:
Better with You stamp set, Sweet Scallop die (Verve Stamps); Crumb Cake Classic ink, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizzazz, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Tea Dye distress ink (Ranger); Six by Six-Dwell paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Sweet Blush satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips