Sunday, September 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink September Blog Hop


This month's Papertrey Ink blog hop is based on another inspiration photo. The photo features a brightly painted striped floor. There's a lot to take in from this photo, like the bold colors against a neutral background, the stripes, and the repetitive pattern. For my card, I chose to focus on the stripe element on a neutral background.


I was inspired by the fun stripes in the image and created my own striped panel using scraps of cardstock. I cut strips of Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, and Kraft cardstock to 1/2" widths and attached them to a strip of scrap cardstock, angling them on the diagonal. After covering the strip, I used my paper trimmer to cut off the excess paper that extended off of the edges of the base strip. I set the striped piece at the bottom of a cream card base, then assembled the rest of my card.

I stamped the mug image from the new Candy Cane Christmas set in Vintage Cream ink (stamped off once for a softer look). The cinnamon stick was cut from Sweet Blush cardstock and stamped in red ink, then slipped inside the mug. The mug's attached to a red circle with foam tape. I stamped the "you warm my heart" sentiment from Warm Happiness Too on a double-ended banner die cut and attached it to the card, slipping the edge underneath the mug. The final touch was a little "steam" coming from the mug, courtesy of a piece of pearl flourish. Love how this fun detail looks! I'll definitely have to remember this for the future . . .

Materials Used:
Vintage Cream ink, Candy Cane Christmas, Warm Happiness Too stamp sets, Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush, Kraft, and Vintage Cream cardstock, Candy Cane Christmas and Double-Ended Banner dies (Papertrey Ink); Memento Lady Bug ink (Tsukineko); circle die (Spellbinders); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); pearl flourish (Want2Scrap); foam tape

20 comments:

  1. really cute!!love the diagonal stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those diagonal stripes -- FABULOUS card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab Christmas card, Lori! I love the addition of the Sweet Blush to the Christmas color mix, and the steamy pearl flourish is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card Lori! Who wouldn't love to receive this? Love the steam made of pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this- great striped background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cozy! I love the pink and red together for that holiday vibe. You always rock the PTI blog hop, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely design! The pearl steam is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! the colors are simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card!! Your card has a nice fuzzy warmth to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the challenge. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm another fan of those diagonal stripes. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the diagonal stripes and the colors look fab together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your take on the inspiration photo!! great LO :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great interpretation - love your stripey panel. The pearl flourish is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lori.......Love the stripes on the bottom of your card.......and I love that you got to use new goodies for this month's hop, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great take on the photo. Love the pearly steam and the side stripes. So innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! I love the diagonal stripes and pearl "steam". Such a cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your color combo & that pearl "steam" is so fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card. Love the striped base and the pearl steam is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is fun! I love the steam and the stripes you used! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips