Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Color Throwdown 165-Wishing You Sunshine


It’s time for this week’s Color Throwdown! Laura is our hostess this week and she’s challenging us to use Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, Pool Party, and Old Olive.

I combined the colors with this week’s TCP Tuesday challenge to use acetate for this sweet card. I used the little puddle jumper image from the Wet Puddle set as my focal image. It’s colored with Copic markers and the boots are coated with Glossy Accents for a shiny look. I used foam tape to attach the image to a dot embossed blue circle. An acetate rain puddle is slipped underneath the boots—it’s hard to see in the photo, but it’s there! I added a pair of felt clouds, cut apart from a strip I made with the CutUps Cloud Border die, and a yellow button sun tied with orange baker’s twine to finish the scene.

I attached a strip of peach-y patterned paper at the bottom of a Daffodil Delight cardfront, then added the scene so it overlapped the top of the patterned strip. The set’s “wishing you sunshine” sentiment is stamped on an orange strip and set on the patterned paper panel.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the Color Throwdown team and this month’s special guestie have come up with using these colors. Here’s where to find them:

Materials Used:
Wet Puddle stamp set, Neenah white cardstock, CutUps Cloud Border die, orange Divine Twine, acetate (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Fine and Dandy-True Blue 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); circle die (Spellbinders); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Harvest Gold button (Papertrey Ink); Glossy Accents (Ranger); foam tape

14 comments:

  1. How cute is this....such a darling image and I love how you added the button to the cloud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just SO cute, Lori! I LOVE the button/twine treatment on the cloud and the acetate rain puddle is so smart!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I really like this card. It's simple and sweet and the coloring on the image is awesome. I really like this, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your clean, simple design on this adorable card! Great idea to add the button w/twine to the cloud...have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a sweet card! Love the textured circle you placed her on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card and I love the name of your blog...

    Jan D.
    Jacksonville, Fl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card Lori! Love the popped up image, embossing and cloud with button detail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love that line from TCP! It goe so well with yor amazing CAS style! Adorable layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is way too cute, Lori and I LOOOOOVE the acetate rain puddle! How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet image. I love the layout and simplicity. It's as if she's pondering something deep. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card, Lori! Love the felt cloud and acetate puddle -- clever! A big thanks to you and the CTD girls for having me as your guest this month! I've had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling card! Kinda CAS, which is great. Love the use of the colors, and that cute image is great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips