Saturday, October 15, 2011

You Color My World

I’m having a great time playing with the images and sentiments from Craft Room, this month’s crafty-themed stamp of the month from Clear and Simple Stamps. Here, I let one of the set's sentiments take center stage on this little gift.

I picked up a package of mini sized colored pencils in a dollar bin at the craft store, thinking that I could come up with a clever way to package them. As soon as I saw the “you color my world” sentiment in the Craft Room set, I knew what I’d do with them. Using blue cardstock, I made a simple slide top box to fit the pencils. Once I’d assembled the box base, I made a band to fit around the box and secure the pencils. I purposely made the band narrower than the box's base so that the pencils would be visible without needing to open the box. The band is covered with a multicolored striped paper to match the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment on a contrasting red strip and attached it to the box, using a button and some light blue satin ribbon as an accent.

If you're one of the many who got your new iPhone yesterday, don't forget about CSS's iPhone/iTouch app! Downloading the app gives you access to a new, exclusive CSS project each and every day. You can find all the details on the app here.

Materials Used:
Craft Room stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, My Favorite Blue Jeans cardstock, Trendsetter Blue satin ribbon, Trendsetter Blue button, Simple Adhesive (Clear and Simple Stamps); Corinne 6x6 paper pad (SEI); linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas); ScorPal

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips