Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pocket Hello

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch. It came together in no time at all with the fun pocket die cut taking center stage.

I cut the pocket shape from a piece of denim, then machine stitched around the edges. I stamped one of the detail stamps in the middle of the pocket using white ink, but probably should have gone over it with my sewing machine so it would stand out more.

The pocket’s set on a patterned paper panel. I used predominantly red pieces for the strips that run underneath the pocket for contrast. The pocket is attached with ScorTape and I added copper brad “studs” at the top of the pocket. An additional trio of copper brads is set at the right side of the cardfront. The little "hello" sentiment from the coordinating stamp set is stamped on a red tab and slipped under the pocket's edge to make a cheery, all purpose card.

Materials Used:
Pretty Pocket stamp set and die (My Favorite Things); Riding Hood Red and Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Vintage Travel-On Holiday designer paper (Girls’ Paperie); Homemade 6 Bean Soup-Red Beans designer paper (Jillibean Soup); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); copper brads (Making Memories); denim; sewing machine; ScorTape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips