Sunday, December 4, 2011

Love You a Latte Gift Set

Here's my project for this month's My Favorite Things guest designer challenge. The challenge was to make a tag. I made a tag for a little coffee themed gift set.

I used the Miss You a Latte a la mode girl for the tag, coloring her with Copic markers and cutting her out. I added a little glitter to the to go cups for a girly touch. The tag's made of kraft paper. I attached a strip of whimsical dotted patterned paper, edged with a solid red strip on top and some ruffled trim at the bottom. The girl is set over the tag with foam tape. I combined words from two different sets to come up with the sentiment that I stamped on the red notch-edged strip. A little clear crystal flourish "steam" finished things off.

I designed a coordinating K-cup holder to hang the tag. There's more info about the template for the box here. I used the same patterned paper to tie the pieces together. The tag will be attached to the little box with some red grosgrain ribbon.

Materials Used:
a la modes Miss You a Latte and Essential Sentiments stamp sets (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Crumb Cake and Real Red cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); Snowdays-Fireside designer paper (Pink Paislee); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); clear crystal flourish (Recollections); foam tape


And while we're on the subject of MFT, here’s my card for this week’s Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge. The card came together super quickly with a sentiment as the focal image and a bunch of patterned papers from the same paper pad.

Using this many different patterns together seemed like a real challenge at first, but by sticking with one paper pad with a pretty unified color palette, it wasn’t too difficult. I picked a bolder pattern for the center strip, then used smaller scale patterns for the smaller side panels. I assembled the patterned pieces on a gray panel, then set the panel on a golden yellow card base.

The sentiment from the More Essential Sentiments set is stamped in matching yellow ink on an oval panel. The oval is set on a dark gray die cut to set it off from the rest of the card. I used MFT’s rolled flower Die-Namics die to make a simple yellow felt rose. I added a pearl to the flower’s center and a pair of hand-cut felt leaves as accents. It's a little more elegant than my usual style, but I think it's a nice change of pace.

Materials Used:
More Essential Sentiments stamp set, Framed Greetings and Rolled Flower Die-Namics dies (My Favorite Things); Vivid Straw ink (Clearsnap); Basic Gray and Whisper White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Sweet Corn cardstock (Gina K Designs); Carolina Breeze 6x6 paper pad (Teresa Collins); petite oval die (Spellbinders); Harvest Gold and Simply Chartreuse felt (Papertrey Ink); self-adhesive pearl (Queen & Co.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips