Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sweet Baby

Here' s my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I loved the fun ribbon treatment on this baby card, so I recreated it in a slightly simpler form with a different color scheme and different images while keeping with the baby theme.

I used Papertrey Ink's Sweet Baby set for the focal image, using the set's lion image instead of the elephant one to change things up a bit. The matching dies made it easy to add a little dimension to the panel. I stamped the "sweet baby" sentiment from the Mega Mixed Messages set in the upper corner of the white panel.

I layered two coordinating cardstock panels on the cardfront, embossing the top panel with a dot pattern to match the dotted lion. After punching a slot in the lower left corner of the panel, I threaded some celery twill through the slot and knotted the ends to secure it. The image panel is set on a yellow mat to set it off from the dotted celery panel. I thought about adding a yellow felt star to the card at the bottom right side of the image panel, but in the end, decided simpler was better.

Materials Used:
Sweet Baby and Mega Mixed Messages stamp sets, Harvest Gold and white cardstock, Sweet Baby dies (Papertrey Ink); Certainly Celery Classic ink, Certainly Celery cardstock, Certainly Celery twill (Stampin' Up!); Vivid Straw ink (Clearsnap); Polka Dots embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips