Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's in the Bag Group Challenge


For this month’s group project, the Clear and Simple Stamps design team is showing you creative ideas for dressing up packaging for party favors. CSS's three new Party Favor dies make it easy to make your own fun and fabulous packaging to coordinate with just about any event theme.

I made a party favor and matching favor bag using stamps and dies from the new Little Critters collection. The favor is a little magnet clip shaped like a cat.

I die cut the cat shape from a piece of pink gingham patterned paper, then stamped the matching cat image from the Little Critters set on the die cut piece. To make the piece sturdier, I attached it to a lightweight chipboard coaster cut with the same die. I used CSS’s Simple Adhesive to attach a small clothespin to the back of the piece, then attached several small but strong magnets to the clothespin.

To make the favor bag, I used the same elements (colors and papers) as I did on the magnet clip. The cat shape is again die cut from pink gingham paper. The eyes and nose were die cut from cardstock scraps and attached to the base. I made whiskers from pieces of gray baker’s twine. I attached the die cut pieces to an assembled Party Favor 3 box, cut from I’m a Princess Pink cardstock. For a more finished look, I cut two of the cat’s body, one for each side of the die cut box.

I used the little tag from Tags 1 die set to make a small tag to hang from the cat’s ears. It’s stamped with an outline image from the Trendy Tags set and a sentiment from the Taglines: Critters set.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the CSS design team has created for this challenge. Here’s where to find them:

Lori Tecler - you're here!
Kim Duran
Amber Daigre
Tracy Schultz
Stephany Zerbe
Laura Bassen
Dana Grothaus
Laurie Willison
CSS Blog

Materials Used:
Little Critters, Trendy Tags, and Taglines:
Critters stamp sets, Paint the Town Pink and Perfect Little Black Dress inks, I’m a Princess Pink, You’re Such a Gray-cious Host, and Paint the Town Pink cardstock, Build a Critter Die Cuts Owl/Kitty, Little Critters, Party Favor 3, and Tags 1 dies, Divine Twine gray baker’s twine, Simple Adhesive (Clear and Simple Stamps); designer paper (Memory Box); lightweight coaster; small clothespin; small round magnets; foam tape

5 comments:

 
Blogging tips