Monday, January 9, 2012

Love You

Here’s my card for today’s SCS clean and simple challenge to use die cuts. I used two different heart shaped dies on this card with lots of white space.

I started by using one of the large hearts from the Clear and Simple Stamps Shapes: Hearts die and stamp set to cut an opening in a white cardstock panel. After setting the panel on a Coral Necklace card base, I stamped the matching dotted outline stamp inside the heart shaped opening in red ink. I used one of the smaller dies to cut a heart from a scrap of red cardstock. I stamped the matching dotted heart image from the Hearts Plus set in red ink, then used foam tape to attach the die cut heart to the card. The “love you” sentiment from the new Love Cupid set is stamped on the right side of the large heart in Coral Necklace ink. I went back and forth between adding a ribbon or a button to the card before finally deciding on a small piece of knotted Coral Necklace satin ribbon to the smaller heart.

Materials Used:
Shapes: Hearts, Hearts Plus, and Love Cupid stamp sets, Haute Red Couture and Coral Necklace inks, Haute Couture Red, Coral Necklace, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Coral Necklace satin ribbon (Clear and Simple Stamps); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous card Lori, so simple yet it speaks volumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! These hearts are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with the hearts and heart dies. Such a great card you made using both. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips