Sunday, January 22, 2012

Kiss Me

Here’s my card for the current Paper Smooches Sparks challenge. I focused on the spotted stuffed frog on the bed in the inspiration photo and built my clean and simple design around that.

I found a dotted green patterned paper to use to paper piece the frog image from the A Little Lovin’ set. After cutting the frog out, I used Copic markers to add some shading and to darken the spots on the frog’s back—an easy way to add a little interest and dimension to the otherwise flat image. I set it on a white panel with dimensional dots, then stamped the set’s heart image over it and colored it in red.

A strip of red and white dotted paper runs down the edge of the panel. I wrapped the dotted paper with black baker’s twine. The set’s “kiss me” sentiment is stamped on a tiny tag and threaded on to the twine. At the last minute, I decided to add the lip image over the words, stamping it off once before adding it to the tag for a softer look.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Paper Smooches A Little Lovin’ stamp set, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk inks, Copic markers (R12, R22, R24, W-1, YG17), Jillibean Soup Watermelon Gazpacho and Blossom Soup 6x6 paper pads, Divine Twine Black Licorice baker’s twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: white cardstock (Xerox); New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); tag punch (Fiskars)

1 comment:

  1. Such a great card. I love the layout and the fun addtion of that cute little tag. Thanks for joining us for the SPARKS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips