Saturday, January 21, 2012

Winter Woo-hoo!

Here’s my card for the current Lawnscaping Winter Wonderland challenge. I just love Lawn Fawn’s little sledding bunny and couldn’t resist setting the image in a simple snowy scene. And, with the wintery mix we've had here over night and this morning, this card definitely is a good one for today!

I colored the bunny with Copic markers and carefully cut the image out. After adding a little white flock to its tail, I set it on a patterned paper panel with torn and layered shimmery white strips of “snow” along the bottom.

To add to the wintery theme, I embossed a gray panel with a snowflake pattern and used that to cover most of the cardfront. After layering the image panel on a red mat, I set it on the cardfront at an angle, then added the “woo-hoo!” sentiment from the Critters in the Forest set underneath the image. A pair of die cut shimmery white snowflakes, each with a clear crystal at the center, makes the perfect accent for the little scene.

Materials Used:
Winter Bunny and Critters in the Forest stamp sets (Lawn Fawn); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Basic Gray, Real Red, Baja Breeze, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Season’s Greetings 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Peace Be Still impression plate (Papertrey Ink); Die-namics Snowflake Trio die (My Favorite Things); white flock (Stampendous); clear crystals (Darice); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Lori, what a fabulous winter creations! I am in love with Winter Bunny. Fabulous background, love the addition of the snowflakes!!! So glad you joined us for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Lori, I love the fun sentiment too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips