Tuesday, January 31, 2012

TCPTuesday 195-XOXO

This week’s TCP Tuesday challenge is a fabulous sketch designed by our very own Leigh. As soon as I saw this one, this very card came to mind. I love when what I see in my head translates almost exactly like I imagined it once I get it on paper!

My focal image is Sprinkle behind her kissing booth from the Gimme Some Sugar set. This time, after adding a little color to Sprinkle’s hat with Copic markers, I paper pieced the booth with a dotted pattern and added the stamped banner strip in front along with the “happy heart day” sentiment. Sprinkle and the booth are cut out and attached to a kraft circle with foam tape.

I set her on a number patterned paper with rounded top edges, then added a fun banner beneath her. The pieces are made from cutting apart the dotted scallop edged strip from a CutUps Queen of Hearts border die cut. I stamped the lower case x and o from the Coolvetica Alphabet set on the pieces and threaded the pieces on some of TCP’s fabulous linen thread. Too fun!

I can’t wait to see other takes on this fun sketch! Once yours is done, upload it to the guestbook on Alma’s blog to be entered for this week’s Cat Cash drawing. She'll be sharing links to the rest of the Cat Pack’s creations based on the sketch.

And, while you're creating, don't forget about the Valentine Blog Hop we've got going on right now. You can share your Valentine card/project using stamps and/or CutUps dies from The Cat's Pajamas by adding a link to the project on the Inlinkz tool on Alma's blog. You have until February 14 to enter. Three randomly chosen participants (announced on February 15) will win $25 in Cat Cash. How's that for a sweet treat?

Materials Used:
Gimme Some Sugar and Coolvetica Alphabet stamp sets, Neenah White cardstock, Versafine Onyx Black ink, CutUps Queen of Hearts border die, beige linen thread (The Cat’s Pajamas); Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Real Red and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Love Me 6x6 paper pad (My Mind’s Eye); corner rounder; foam tape

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips