Tuesday, January 31, 2012

You Mocha Me Crazy

Here’s my card for the last Viva la Verve sketch for the month of January. All four done by the very end of the month!

This week’s sketch is a clean and simple one, which is right up my alley. I started with a subtly patterned paper covering most of the coordinating card base. The paper's actually from a holiday-themed paper pad, but I'm finding that it works for lots more than holiday cards. I machine stitched around the edges to add detail to the simple design. A piece of kraft cardstock runs across the card.

I colored the the to go cup image from Verve's Better with You set a bit with Copic markers and cut it out. It’s set on a kraft cardstock strip with some foam tape. I stamped the set’s “you mocha me crazy” sentiment next to the cup, then added the set’s small heart image above it to complete the cluster of three elements.

Materials Used:
Better with You stamp set (Verve Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Ocean Tides cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Jingle Tiny Tablet (Lily Bee Design); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips