Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pawprints Thank You

While I was in California for CHA, Chloe the cutie puppy stayed behind with my mom and dad. Since I live with Chloe on a day to day basis, I understand how a few days with her can be quite an adventure, especially when you haven’t had a puppy in your home for a while—and that when you did, your puppy wasn’t quite as energetic and excitement seeking as this one is. I figured a thank you card from Chloe (and me) was in order now that I’ve returned home.

I used the Pawprints on Your Heart stamp set from Market Street Stamps for my focal image, coloring up the big dog image to look somewhat Chloe-like in shades of brown with a coating of yellow over top for a golden look. I made sure to stamp the collar in pink, just like Chloe’s is. There’s not much else that’s girly about her, so I make sure she at least wears a collar in a feminine color--LOL! The little ID tag is colored with a silver gel pen. The ID tags on Chloe’s own collar are a whole other story—they all have teeth marks and rough edges on them from where she’s chewed the identifying information away. Sigh . . .

A pastel plaid paper circle sits behind the image, directly on the pink card base. I ran a strip of aqua cardstock across the card, overlapping the circle, then added the colored image over that using dimensional dots.

I used just the pawprints part of the sentiment on the front of my card. On the inside, I completed the sentiment on my own, adding “and on your floors and furniture, too. Thanks for taking such good care of me! Love, Chloe.” I think they’ll get a laugh out of it!

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Market Street Stamps Pawprints on Your Heart stamp set, X-Press white Copic blending cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black and Angel Pink ink, Copic markers (E23, E25, E33, E35, Y32), My Mind’s Eye Hip-Hooray Girl Collection Kit, Spellbinders circle dies, Divine Twine aqua baker’s twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other: Blushing Bride and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin’ Up!) Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Hawaiian Shores button (Papertrey Ink); silver gel pen (Signo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips