Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cameo Thank You

Here’s my card for this week’s Waltzingmouse sketch challenge. I went with my cameo sets again for this elegant thank you card.

I used one of the frame images along with one of the decorative accent images to create my own patterned paper for the bottom of the cardfront. After testing out the arrangement on a piece of scrap paper, I stamped the images tone on tone on a piece of rose cardstock. For the top section of the panel, I embossed a strip of the same color cardstock with a pretty pattern. The two pieces are set on a lighter pink card base with a strip of rose grosgrain ribbon hiding the seam between the two. I slipped a lighter pink scalloped strip underneath the ribbon to add just a little more contrast between the pair of panels.

I made a framed cameo piece to add to the card from an open scallop edged oval backed with a cream oval panel. The cameo image is stamped inside in pink ink. The “thank you” sentiment from Teeny Trees is stamped beneath the image, curved to match the oval shape. I added a few dots of Liquid Pearls to the cameo to create a dimensional pearl necklace, then added a few self-adhesive pearls at either side of the cameo image to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Cameo Maker and Teeny Trees stamp sets (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Autumn Rose ink, Autumn Rose cardstock, medium scallop border die, Autumn Rose grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Blushing Bride and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); oval and scalloped oval dies (Spellbinders); Whimsy embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger); self-adhesive pearls (Recollections)

5 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS Lori! I LOVE how you used the frames for your bg paper -so elegant and beautiful with the cameo! thanks for playing with us this week, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you stamped some beautiful patterned paper that looks so great with the cameo image. The colors you chose couldn't have been better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girl, this is awesome...I luv the background stamping...have a super weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an elegant and pretty card. I really like the way you've made the backing paper with the ovals and the lovely embossed banner at the top! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, Laurie! I love the texture at the top and the beautiful background pattern you made. So perfect in pink!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips