Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Pocketful of Thanks

Here's my card for this week's SCS featured stamper challenge. As soon as I saw this card with a pocket as a focal image, I knew I could recreate my own version using the A Pocketful set from WPlus9.

I kept the layout pretty much the same. I stamped one of the set's pocket images on blue cardstock in blue ink and cut it out, then set it over a patterned paper strip that I had attached to a coordinating scallop edged layer. The set's leaf and flower images are stamped so that they peek out from the top of the pocket piece. For some dimension and shine, I dotted the center of each flower with some Liquid Pearls.

Instead of stamping the sentiment on a small scallop edged panel, I stamped it on a small strip of pink cardstock to match the card base. I set the edge of the strip flush with the edge of the white panel, then set the panel on the pink card base. Totally cute and easy to put together. I really should use this stamp set more often . . .

Materials Used:
A Pocketful stamp set (WPlus9); Memento Tuxedo Black and Rose Bud inks (Tsukineko); Blue Bayou Classic ink, Blue Bayou and Melon Mambo cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse ink, Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lime Twist-Happy Go Lucky designer paper (My Mind's Eye); Petal Pink Liquid Pearls (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips