Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hello, Ladybug

Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch challenge.  I pulled out an older Pure Innocence stamp for this sweet card.

I used the Pure Innocence Ladybug for my focal image. She's colored with Copic markers and cut out, then added to a pink panel with foam tape.  I sprinkled some glitter on her wings for a little sparkle, too.

Instead of going with a red and black color scheme, I went with pink, red, and kraft.  I used both patterns from a piece of kraft patterned paper for the panels on the card. Each panel is matted with the same pink cardstock as I used for the image panel.  I added a pink button, tied with baker's twine, as an accent on the left side of the card, then attached the red notch-ended strip with the "hello, ladybug" sentiment (made by combining the "hello" from the PI Hello Cupcake set with the "ladybug" from the PI Ladybug set) beneath it.

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence Ladybug and Hello Cupcake stamp sets (My Favorite Things); Marshmallow cardstock (Bazzill); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Pretty in Pink and Riding Hood Red cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); Desert Storm cardstock (Neenah); With Love designer paper (Pebbles); pink baker's twine (Divine Twine); button (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips