Friday, January 18, 2013

Blogger Challenge: Week 300

This week’s blogger challenge is a sketch challenge. I used the sketch to make a Valentine's Day card in a traditional red and pink color scheme.

The new mini label tag die from Clear and Simple Stamps was the perfect shape for the sketch’s small fancy edged panel. I stamped the red die cut tag with the matching outline image from the Party Elements:  Baby set, then stamped the “love you” sentiment from the Wrap-a-Round set inside it. I adhered the tag to a pink and red striped panel that I machine stitched to a coordinating pink mat. The hole at the top of the tag is covered with a piece of knotted pink satin ribbon.

I used a piece of an elegant damask patterned paper for the two different sized panels on the cardfront. The sketch seems to call for two different papers for these two panels, but I just couldn’t find a combination of two that I liked, so I went with two of the same! After matting the panels on pink cardstock and machine stitching around the edges, I adhered them to a red card base, then layered the panel with the tag on top.

I'll be back tomorrow to share more new goodies from Clear and Simple Stamps . . .

Materials Used:
Party Elements:  Baby and Wrap-a-Round stamp sets, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Dare to Be a Diva Red and I'm a Princess Pink cardstock, Mini Label Tag die, I'm a Princess Pink satin ribbon  (Clear and Simple Stamps); Love Story 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Devoted 6x6 paper pad (Carta Bella); sewing machine


Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Valentine, fab use of the sketch, love the papers!

Terry said...

So pretty, Lori! The reds and pink are just wonderful for Valentine's Day!

Blogging tips