Monday, February 25, 2013

Paper Smooches SPARKS February Picture Perfect Challenge


This week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge is a Picture Perfect challenge, based on the photo above.  Isn't it sweet!

My card's a pretty loose interpretation of the photo.  I went with the photo's kissing theme, using the frog from the A Little Lovin' set as my focal image.  The frog is colored with Spectrum Noir markers and cut out, then adhered to a white panel with dimensional dots.  I stamped the set's "kiss me" sentiment on a rose circle, then folded the top of the circle over the edge of the white panel to form a rounded tab.

The panel is adhered to a piece of floral print paper.  I went with a floral pattern in a nod to the floral pattern seen in the background of the photo, even though my florals aren't the same style or color.  To add a little texture, I wrapped some neon (yes, neon!) hemp twine around the patterned paper, just underneath the image panel. I love the bright pop of color it gives!  The panel is set on a rose card base, matching the color of the sentiment panel.

Be sure to check out the challenge blog for all the details on this week's challenge--and for inspiration from the PS SPARKS design team, too.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersPaper Smooches A Little Lovin' stamp set, X-press white cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Spectrum Noir markers (CG1, CG2, CG3, CG4, CT1, CT3, BT2), Carta Bella True Friends 6x6 paper pad, Hemptique neon hemp twine, Sticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle punch (EK Success)

2 comments:

  1. What an adorable card, Lori!!! Love your fun pattern, super cute frog, and awesome twine!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER SUPER cute card, Lori! I looooooove how you colored that frog! Great use of papers and color combo! I think this is a great interpretation of this inspiration photo:) <3

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips