Friday, July 11, 2014

All of My Smiles Begin with You

Here's my card for July's first Viva la Verve sketch challenge.  I combined the sketch with the optional color combination of teal, aqua, and green to create this card.

All of My Smiles Begin with You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Verve StampsI used a sentiment from Verve's Better Together stamp set as my focal image.  It's stamped in green ink on a white circle.  After matting it on a teal circle, I layered it on to an aqua panel, also matted with teal cardstock.

I adhered the sentiment panel to a teal dotted patterned paper over a pair of layered cardstock strips.  Initially, I planned to use some patterned washi tape, but I decided it would be lost on any patterned paper that I'd use on the cardfront, so I went with strips of cardstock from my scrap pile instead.  Once the panel was in place, I tucked a little green rounded tab, accented with a pair of silver brads, underneath the right side of the sentiment panel.

Materials Used:
Better Together stamp set (Verve Stamps); Celery ink (Avery Elle); New Leaf and Tropical Teal cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lakehouse cardstock (WPlus9); Now and Then-Milo 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); circle dies (Spellbinders); silver brads (Joann)

1 comment:

  1. This just pops, Lori! Love that bright green and the little embellies on your tab.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips