Thursday, July 24, 2014

French Cupcake Fusion

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I used both inspiration from the photo and the sketch to put this card together.

The Icing on my Cupcake card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Avery ElleAs soon as I saw the inspiration photo, I knew that the Avery Elle Cupcake stamp set would be just perfect for my card.  I stamped the cupcake pieces on white cardstock using a combination of pigment and dye inks, then die cut the pieces with the coordinating dies and assembled them.  In a nod to the inspiration photo, I added one of the set's small flower images to the top of the cupcake as a decoration.

The cupcake is adhered to a cardfront covered with pink and yellow cardstock strips at the top and a larger panel of blue paper at the bottom.  I stamped the set's "you are the icing on my cupcake" sentiment next to the cupcake in black ink.  A few white sequins completed the design

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers:  Avery Elle Cupcake stamp set, Fizz ink, and Cupcake dies; Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Heidi Swapp Favorite Things 6x6 paper pad; white sequinsSticky Thumb dimensional dots

other:  Pink Pirouette and Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Winter ink (Mama Elephant)

2 comments:

  1. Love this card! The sentiment is awesome and I love the little smattering of sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY Lori!!! Cupcakes are on my LOVE list, so it this sweet card!!!!!! Thanks for joining us at FUSION, love it if you are able to join again Thursday for another lovely challenge!!!! Love seeing what you create!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips