Thursday, July 24, 2014

#Smart

Here's my card for this week's Muse challenge.  I was inspired by lots of elements in Marion's card--the images, the color scheme, and the layout.

#Smart card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Sweet Stamp Shop
My take switched the card into a standard A2 size.  I used the owl from the Sweet Stamp Shop Owl Be Genius set as my focal image.  I colored the image with Copic markers and cut it out.  It's adhered to a stamped branch using foam tape.  To "ground" the branch, I used a sponge, cloud template, and some distress ink to make a cloud filled sky around the images.  I filled in the sky with a yellow cardstock sun (or moon, if you want to see this as a nighttime scene!) and a few sparkly silver sequins.  The "#smart" sentiment from the Mr. Octopus set was stamped just beneath the branch.

To mimic the look of Marion's card, I matted the image on a dark blue cardstock panel. I love her hand-drawn frame, but I know I couldn't draw one that would look that nice!  The matted panel was adhered to a sky blue card base.

Materials Used:
Owl Be Genius and Mr. Octopus stamp sets (Sweet Stamp Shop); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); Tumbled Glass distress ink (Ranger); markers (Copic); Crushed Curry, Bashful Blue, and Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle punch (EK Success); silver sequins (Treehouse Studio); foam tape

5 comments:

  1. Love that there's a hashtag sentiment, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this - what a great encouragement card for a kid! So great to see you at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card! love your cloud background and the sun shining too!!! perfect for the MUSE!!!
    ~tracey

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips