Sunday, April 17, 2016

Counting Down to Your Special Day

This week's sketch at Match the Sketch caught my eye and I had to give it a try!  My version is a space themed birthday card using stamps from My Favorite Things.

Counting Down to Your Special Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from My Favorite Things
I made the layout's two round panels into moons, complete with craters.  The craters were made by debossing a polka dot pattern on to the yellow circle die cuts.  I adhered the circles to the corners of a navy blue cardstock panel, then trimmed the circles down so they were flush with the panel's edges.  The panel was adhered to a contrasting red card base.

The "counting down to your special day" sentiment from the Out of This World set was stamped on a white cardstock strip.  After matting the strip with red and silver cardstock, I adhered it to the cardfront.  The panel was topped with one of the set's rocket images.  A few silver sequin "stars" scattered on the navy panel completed the design.

Materials Used:
Out of This World stamp set (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Night of Navy, Real Red, and Crushed Curry cardstock (Stampin' Up!); silver paper (Target); circle die (Spellbinders); Polka Dot embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); silver sequins; foam tape

4 comments:

  1. As always...amazing card! You are up early creating! Would you do me a favor? Would you email me and tell me how you put the frame on you pictures with your name?I see so many people doing it and it is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eliz, that is called a watermark that you can overlay onto your photo. Go to YouTube and key in "how to apply a watermark to a photo" and you will find some great tutorials on how to achieve this.

      Delete
    2. What an awesome and fun card Lori! Love that adorable little space ship!

      Delete
  2. Vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen und viel Glück bei Match the Sketch. lg Fanny (www.stampinwithfanny.de)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips