Sunday, February 18, 2007

Third Time's the Charm . . .

Today was the second week of the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. Even though this week's featured stamper (Sharon--aka "notimetostamp"--see her gallery here) has an amazing gallery full of cards, I had a hard time coming up with a cased version of one of her cards that I liked enough to post in my gallery . . .

Here's the third card I created and the one that I ended up posting. One of the changes I made to the original design was replacing the Holiday Thyme designer paper with paper from the Loves Me paper pack. Sharon's card used stamped images from Take Three, a set I don't have. I replaced the images with the heart from Little Pieces and the sentiment from A Light Heart. I placed the images to mimic the placement of the images in the Take Three set (three adjacent images, sentiment underneath), using the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to help me place the images straight and accurately. I think one of the reasons I was drawn to the original card was the use of the ticket corner punch. It has become one of my favorite little details to add to a card.

Here are the other two cards I tried that didn't make it to my SCS gallery. The pink card uses the Cuttlebug Bloom Dots A2 embossing folder on the cardfront and has iridescent ice embossed pieces from the Big Pieces set accenting the front. I thought that the Big Pieces images would go well with the Bloom Dots, but I'm not wild about the final product . . . The card on the right uses the Swirling Stars Jumbo Wheel. I outlined the stars and dots with a Stardust gel pen to add some sparkle. I think my favorite part of this card is the silver ribbon--I like its ruched texture.

Materials Used on Heart card:
From Stampin' Up!: A Light Heart, Little Pieces and Dotted stamp sets; Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose cardstock; Loves Me designer paper; Regal Rose and Chocolate Chip Classic inks; ticket corner punch; Stamp-a-Ma-Jig
Other: pink velvet ribbon, brown dotted organdy (Michaels)

Materials Used on on Wonderful Bloom Dot card:
From Stampin' Up: Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Orchid Opulence, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock; Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise, and Orchid Opulence Craft inks; Pixie Pink Classic ink; iridescent ice EP; circle punches; corner rounder; dimensionals
Other: Cuttlebug A2 Bloom Dots embossing folder; pink dotted organdy ribbon (Michaels); rhinestone (Walmart)

Materials Used on Peace Joy Love card:
From Stampin' Up!: All Year Cheer 1 stamp set; Swirling Stars Jumbo Wheel and handle; Whisper White and Ballet Blue cardstock; Ballet Blue Classic and Craft inks; clear EP
Other: Sakura Stardust gel pen; silver ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips