Thursday, March 1, 2007

Bright Bodacious Bouquet

This really bright card uses more of the fun flocked paper I got from Target last weekend. I love using the large flower image from Bodacious Bouquet with bright, bold colors. Here the flower is stamped with Regal Rose craft ink, then covered with iridescent ice embossing powder. This is another thing I have trouble heating with my heat gun. I tend to over-do it and make the powder melt too much, losing some of its sparkly effect. I didn't do too bad with this one, though--it's so sparkly IRL. The flower is raised with a dimensional. The card layout is simple and quick--actually a variation of the layout from my earlier Like it a Latte card-- but I really like how it looks.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Bodacious Bouquet and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp set; Only Orange, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock; Pink Passion and Green Galore Classic inks; Regal Rose Craft ink; iridescent ice embossing powder; mat pack and paper piercing tool; stampin' dimensionals; maize grosgrain
Other: flocked paper (Target); mega scalloped circle punch (Marvy Uchida); orange grosgrain (clearance at AC Moore)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips