Friday, March 2, 2007

Happy Birthday to the Cat in the Hat

Okay, here's where the kindergarten teacher in me comes out . . . Today is the annual celebration of the birthday of Dr. Seuss, the beloved creator of countless classic children's books. On Read Across America Day, schools across the country invite parents and other community members to visit during the day to share stories and enjoy reading with students. It's a great chance to read for fun and talk with kids (and parents) about why reading is important. I'm lucky to be going to a nearby school (actually, my mom's school) to read to a class of kindergarten students. I picked some of my favorite, fun books to share with them. Unfortunately, I left the book I really wanted to read, Cosmo Zooms--a book about a crazy dog, who, coincidentally, is named Cosmo, just like my very own crazy dog--on the bookshelf in my office . . .So, in honor of this special day, I used the layered cake image in Eat Cake to create a Cat in the Hat hat for the front of this card. I'll be bringing it with me to give to the class I'm reading to as part of their celebration.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up: Eat Cake stamp set; Basic Black, Whisper White, and Real Red cardstock; Real Red Classic ink; Real Red marker; stampin' dimensionals; mat pack and paper piercer; ticket corner punch
Other: Cuttlebug A2 Happy Birthday embossing folder

1 comment:

  1. This is FANTASTIC, Lori! I wish I had seen it sooner!! Check out my blog and see what I made- my boys are in kindergarten and third grade and the Reading Resource Teacher's brthday was the same day!It's one of my favorite days of the school year!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips