Monday, March 26, 2007

Flowahbella Debuts!

Here's my first card using Stamping Bella's Flowahbella. I stamped her on white cardstock and colored her using Prismacolor colored pencils and Gamsol to blend the colors. The colors for the card were inspired by the colors in the patterned paper. The paper is by Autumn Leaves and is a style called "Shangri-La." I found it at Target after they re-stocked their scrapbooking aisle. A lot of the colors in the patterned paper match Stampin' Up!'s colors pretty well (Sahara Sand, So Saffron, Mellow Moss, Bashful Blue) and some of their stamps, too (Little Pieces, Big Pieces), so it ended up in my basket. I like how the card turned out, but after seeing the end result, I wish I had colored the flowers a different color so they would have "popped" more. I added a little Stickles glitter to the flowers and a line of clear Stardust gliter to the edge of Flowahbella's dress for a little interest, but I think a little contrast would have been better.

Edited to Add:
A few people have asked me how I got the scalloped edge on this card. The scalloped edge was cut with Stampin' Up!'s retired scalloped edge scissors. SU!'s decorative edged scissors are the best I've found and I was disappointed when they retired them two years ago. I hope they'll consider bringing them back . . .


Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Cute Converse stamp set; Basic Black and Chocolate Chip Classic inks; Brocade Blue, Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand, So Saffron, and Whisper White cardstock; round tab punch; scalloped scissors; mat pack and paper piercing tool
From Stamping Bella: Flowahbella
Other: Crystal Stickles (Ranger); flower brad (Making Memories); Prismacolor colored pencils; Autumn Leaves Shangri-La patterned paper; clear Stardust gel pen (Sakura)

9 comments:

  1. I love this card! I was just wondering how you did the scalloped edge? It looks different than the other scallops I've seen. I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie she is!!! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card Lori! love the pp you used too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card.... how did you do the scallop edge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card...I love that DP (and I have it!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Bella and the Layout!!
    Great Card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great bella lori - I love it! can't wait for my box from paper pretties to arrive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors on this card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips