Sunday, March 25, 2007

A Card Like Kendra's

It's Sunday, so that means it's Featured Stamper challenge day on SCS. I was so excited to see who was selected for this week. Scrapstampindiva/ Kendra, is one of the talented stampers in my swap group. You can find her SCS gallery here. I can't wait for our next swap so I can have an actual card she's made for my very own! I chose to CASE this card: Doodle Birthday. I used the same stamp set, layout, and Cuttlebug embossing folder as Kendra did. Even though all of those features stayed the same, I still made a bunch of changes to the original card. Instead of using the flower image from Doodle That, I used the heart image. I also used a different kind of designer paper (Loves Me instead of Petals & Paisley) and changed the cardstock colors on the card to match the paper. I did some paper piercing in the corners of the focal image piece, but changed their location because of the placement of my images. This is the first time I've used my new Doodle That set. I wasn't sure how much I'd like it since it's different from my usual style, but I had fun with it. I may try using it for a set of magnets I'm making for an upcoming craft fair . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Doodle That and Happy Everything stamp sets; Taken with Teal, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Whisper White cardstock; Loves Me designer paper; Regal Rose, Taken with Teal, Old Olive, and Basic Black Classic inks; aquapainter; mat pack and paper piercing tool; round tab punch; distressing tool; stampin' dimensionals

Other: D'vine Swirls A2 embossing folder (Cuttlebug); clear Stardust gel pen (Sakura); Waterfall Stickles (Ranger); pink twill tape (Joann)

2 comments:

  1. Lori - this is a great case - you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Lori.
    i love your card.
    the colors are so pretty and the design is nice.

    well... you know iam a lori techler fan

    have a wonderful week and happy stamping
    claudia

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips