Saturday, March 3, 2007

So Very Sweet Sketch

I finally got to this week's SCS sketch challenge. This was another sketch that I had to think a lot about. I ended up deciding to use the lollipop image from Very Punny, along with a strip of the Loves Me designer paper. I hope the paper makes it to the new SU! catalog in July--its colors and patterns are fun to use. I'm still not regretting cutting the words and images of my Very Punny stamp set apart. It was so easy to stamp the lollipops without having to worry about covering up the words. I watercolored the lollipop images with Cool Caribbean and Regal Rose ink, then traced over the black ink with my clear Stardust gel pen--it's so sparkly IRL, I promise. I used the Dotted background stamp on the Chocolate Chip cardfront, and added paper piercings to the scalloped edges to tie in the circles on the designer paper. The "sweet" sentiment is on a pink oval that is inside the card. I punched an oval in the cardfront and glued the oval on the inside of the card, lining it up within the punch outline. The ribbon is tied around the card, through the punched-out oval. Sweet!

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Very Punny, So Very, and Dotted stamp sets; Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, Cool Caribbean, and Whisper White cardstock; Loves Me designer paper; Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, and Cool Caribbean Classic inks; aquapainter; stampin' dimensionals; 1 1/4" square punch; large oval punch; scalloped scissors; paper piercing tool
Other: Clear Stardust Gel Pen (Sakura);Cool Caribbean-ish grosgrain ribbon (AC Moore clearance bin)

1 comment:

  1. I found your great blog but how can I subscribe to get it daily?
    Ilene B

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips