Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sahara Sand and Circles

This is another card based on a sketch from Lauren/mytime's blog a week or two ago. I changed the sketch slightly. Lauren's original card had three circles layered on top of a panel. Instead of that, I punched circles from a cardstock panel and used dimensionals to layer the punched piece on top of a stamped panel. I used a form of masking to accurately space the images for inside the circles. I punched the holes in the colored cardstock panel first, then made a mask using a post-it note. I placed the post-it note over the punched cardstock, then stamped the flower image inside the punched circle. I used my aquapainters and ink from the lids of my SU! ink pads to color in the flowers to match the card's color scheme. The color scheme was also suggested by Lauren--I think it worked better on her card, where she had patterned paper with these colors to tie it all together. I love the little ribbon detail between the circles. That was inspired by cards I saw on here From My Ink Pad to Yours.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Doodle That and Polka-dot Posies stamp sets; Basic Black, Cameo Coral, Pumpkin Pie, and Always Artichoke Classic inks; Sahara Sand, Pumpkin Pie, Cameo Coral, Always Artichoke, and Whisper White cardstock; aquapainter. 1 1/4" circle punch; stampin' dimensionals; mat pack and paper piercing tool; spring moss grosgrain
Other: Fruit Punch Stickles (Ranger); orange brad (Making Memories)

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty card! I love the dimension you added to the circles.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips