Sunday, May 20, 2007

Another Blogger Sketch Challenge

Okay, last card and post for today, I promise! This one is for a sketch challenge Beate posted on her blog. The curvy piece was a challenge to figure out at first. I used the Petals & Paisleys designer paper from the SU! Spring Mini catalog for the curvy piece. I traced the curved line lightly on the paper, then cut along my pencil line. I attached a piece of Regal Rose cardstock to the back of the curved edge of designer paper, then cut along the curve with scallop edged scissors. This probably would have looked better with a smaller scalloped edge, but my retired SU! scalloped edge scissors cut better than any others I've found, so I went with those. The flower image is from the Polka Dots & Paisley sets that the paper coordinates with perfectly. A little rhinestone at the flower base and some shiny green ribbon (it's really cool IRL, with gold streaks woven through it) add some bling and finish the card.

I'm off to stamp some (70!) Stamping Bella images for an image swap I'm participating in. An image swap is a great way to get a bunch of different images to play with without having to purchase them all. This will help me decide which Bellas go to the top of my shopping list for my next order. Also, after several requests, I am working on directions and a photo tutorial for the small tote bag for the 3X3 note card set I posted earlier this week. Check back in a day or two to see it.


Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set; Regal Rose and Old Olive Classic inks; Regal Rose, So Saffron, Taken with Teal, and Whisper White cardstock; Petals & Paisley designer paper; scalloped scissors (retired); sponge; Coluzzle and circle template
Other: mega scalloped circle punch (Marvy Uchida); pink self-adhesive rhinestone (Joann); green organdy ribbon (Michaels--Ribbon Jam spool)

3 comments:

  1. Love this card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for participating in the challenge! Have fun with your bella swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I love the curvy style. In fact, I just found this blog and I love it, so much that I put a link on my blog. Hope that's okay! Over at SCS, I'm Stampin Gramma and have just started participating in the challenges recently and now I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips