Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Flower Filled Is Finished

Flower Filled appeared on the retiring set list that Stampin' Up!'s released yesterday. This has been one of my favorite sets to turn to for a quick card. The boots make an adorable "vase" and I love to stamp them in a shade of yellow craft ink and heat emboss them with clear embossing powder to make them shiny.

So, in honor of its impending retirement, I had to pull out Flower Filled for today's SCS sketch challenge. The patterned paper is from the DCWV Pocket Full of Posies matstack. This fun paper is accented with glitter. After stamping and heat embossing the yellow boot, I stamped the flower images from Flower Filled in Apricot Appeal (small flower) and Pixie Pink (larger flower) to pick up the colors in the patterned paper. I punched out the larger flowers and attached them to the panel with dimensionals, then added a self-adhesive rhinestone in the flower centers--goes along nicely with the glittery paper. I ended up swiping the edges of the boot panel with my Apricot Appeal ink pad because I thought there was too much white space around the boot. The boot panel is adhered to a Pixie Pink panel with distressed edges, using dimensionals. The pink ribbon tied around the patterned paper is not as obnoxiously colored IRL as it is in the photo--I promise. The ribbon has a cool, ruched texture and is more the color of SU!'s Pink Passion than it appears in the photo.


Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Flower Filled stamp set; Apricot Appeal, Pixie Pink, and Green Galore Classic inks; Barely Banana Craft ink; Barely Banana, Pixie Pink, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White cardstock; 1/2" circle punch; small corner rounder; Crystal Clear embossing powder; distressing tool; silver brad; dimensionals
Other: patterned paper (DCWV's Pocket Full of Posies); pink ribbon; self-adhesive rhinestones

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Im sad to see this set go, it is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips