Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Loving Living Large

I made another card for this week's featured stamper challenge on SCS, this time using Living Large. This stamp set is just so cute! Kirsten's original version of the card is here. My card keeps the same basic layout as the original card, but changes the main image and the patterned papers. I used patterned paper from Memory Box's Sugar Collection. I paired a plaid pattern and a striped pattern. I never would have thought I 'd be comfortable doing this, but it seems to work. I think working with papers from the same package helped me a little--the papers are already somewhat coordinated just by virtue of being in the same package.

I colored the image using Prismacolor pencils. I still can't figure out the trick to the shading . . . I highlighted the flower blooms with some Stickles. The sentiment is from the Paper Tray set by Papertrey Ink. I wanted to use one of the sentiments from Living Large on the card, but I couldn't get them to fit using this layout.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Living Large stamp set; Rose Red Classic ink; Certainly Celery and Whisper White cardstock; Regal Rose marker; dimensionals
Other: Paper Tray stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Sugar Collection patterned paper (Memory Box); Prismacolor pencils; pink gingham ribbon (AC Moore); pink brad (Joann); Candy Cane and Fruit Punch Stickles (Ranger)

2 comments:

  1. I love this set too and this is an adorable card! I love the colors you chose. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips