Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Finally--Flowers!

As promised, no deer here today! I switched gears entirely and went with something floral. For the most part, I am not a floral kind of person, but the Ginormous Flowers set really appeals to me. I guess it's because it's not a traditional floral style. The flowers are more towards the bold, contemporary style that I like.

This card is based on Jen's sketch challenge from her blog I{heart}2stamp.com. I used patterned papers from the Petals & Paisleys package and took the card's colors from that. I stamped the flower in Taken with Teal ink. I colored the ring of dots inside the flower and punched that out with a 1" circle punch, then pierced through the dots with my paper piercer. I placed that on the flower with dimensionals. The flower's center is also punched out and attached with a dimensional. Unfortunately, these little details didn't translate too well to a digital photo . . .

You probably won't hear from me tomorrow. Between two presentations at work and a last minute hair cut appointment, plus a broken (again!!) air conditioner that needs a visit from the repair service, I have a bunch to get done. I am making progress on finishing up my swaps for convention. I'm looking forward to sharing them soon.

Materials Used (All from Stampin' Up!):
Ginormous Flowers and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets; Taken with Teal and Certainly Celery Classic inks; Taken with Teal and Old Olive markers; Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Taken with Teal, and Whisper White cardstock; Petals & Paisleys designer paper; Certainly Celery grosgrain; round tab punch; mat pack and paper piercing tool; 1" and 3/4" circle punches; dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I liked your deer cards (they are in my Google Reader faves)...this is nice too though...great color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cuteness!! thx for playing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you chose! Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips