Monday, July 23, 2007

Hello, Deer, or Featured Stamper Challenge, Part 2

I liked my deer card yesterday, but as I was looking through Ana's gallery (here), I had another idea for using that cute little deer that I had to try today.

This card is based on another card in Ana's gallery (see her card here). In keeping with the featured stamper challenge guidelines, I made a few changes to Ana's original card. I changed the stamps, omitted the tag, and changed the placement of the brads in my version.

I used my Big Deal Alphabet for the very first time on this card. It was a birthday gift from my sister--thanks, Jill! I inked the letters in white craft ink. I really like the way that craft ink looks stamped on colored cardstock. I stamped the deer image from Moose You (again) and added grass and a sponged sky, then colored just the word "deer" from the sentiment to stamp in the corner of the panel.

As I logged in to Blogger tonight to write this post, I noticed that this is the 200th post I've made at Inking Aloud! Wow! Thanks for continuing to check in. Tomorrow, I'll have something other than a deer card to share, I promise . . .

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Moose You, Big Deal Alphabet, and Trees Three stamp sets; Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Rose Red, and Certainly Celery Classic inks; White Craft ink; Chocolate Chip marker; Bashful Blue, Rose Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock; Bashful Blue grosgrain; black and blue gingham; silver brads; dimensionals; sponge

2 comments:

  1. Love this card, Lori! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the play on words and the colors are so welcoming.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips