Thursday, July 26, 2007

I Wish I Were at the Beach . . .

Then it would be okay that it's SO hot. My house is finally cooling down after being in the mid-80's for most of the day. The repair work (and only a temporary repair, at that) on my air conditioning wasn't finished until 4 PM today, so I spent most of the afternoon trying to think "cool." I even resorted to watching a movie about ice hockey, but nothing helped. Hopefully things will be more comfortable by the time I get ready to go to sleep.

This card is for one of this week's Dare to Get Dirty challenges for members of the SCS Fan Club Gallery. The challenge was to use only acrylic stamps in your creation. I just got my June Paper Pretties box yesterday, so this was just the excuse I needed to break out Hit The Beach, the cute My Favorite Things Stamps set that came in the box. The images make me think of my sister, a huge sunbathing aficionado.

Most of the materials for this card came in the Paper Pretties box. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and added white gel pen dots to the bikini and some Stickles as a belly button ring. Fun!

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Real Red cardstock; word window punch; dimensionals
Other: Hit the Beach stamp set (My Favorite Things Stamps); Noir Black Palette ink (Stuart Superior); Prismacolor pencils; patterned paper (Memory Box Beach Collection); ribbon (?); textured olive paper (Bazzil); mega scalloped square punch (Marvy Uchida); flower brad (Provocraft); Candy Cane Stickles (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips