Friday, July 27, 2007

Next Challenge Card

Another day, another challenge in the SCS Dirty Dozen anniversary celebration . . . This one is for a sketch challenge offered by Beate. The sketch was a square card with a prominent sentiment panel. Here's my interpretation.

The colors for this card came from the fun DCWV patterned paper. The paper is called Brown Funky Flowers. I think that's a perfect name for it! I used a piece of now-retired Cool Caribbean (retired just a month ago and I miss it already!) as the card base. Without the patterned paper, I never would have paired Cool Caribbean with Groovy Guava, but it came out okay, I think.

I used a flower punch as an accent piece and added a punched out circle and a velvet Prima flower to the flower's center. My original plan was to use the SU! scalloped punch as the accent piece, but it looked too big, so I switched to the smaller flower punch.

The sentiment combines images from So Very and Everyday Flexible Phrases. The word panel is raised with dimensionals and inked around the edges with Groovy Guava ink to make it pop.

I'm finishing up final preparations to leave for convention later this weekend! I have most of my swaps finished. Now the challenge is figuring out how to get everything to Denver . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: So Very and Everyday Flexible Phrases stamp sets; Close to Cocoa and Groovy Guava Classic inks; Cool Caribbean, Close to Cocoa, Groovy Guava, Ruby Red, Wild Wasabi, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; dimensionals
Other: patterned paper (DCWV's Brown Funky Flowers); flower punch (EK Success); flower brads (Making Memories); Cool Caribbean-ish grosgrain (AC Moore dollar bin); velvet flower (Prima)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips