Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Registered for Regionals

I am officially registered for the upcoming SU! Regional Seminar in Philadelphia, PA! Registration was a challenge because I had a big presentation to make this morning at work at the exact same time registration started. Fortunately I was able to recruit a secretary to do the registering for me and was able to register for the session I wanted to attend and do my presentation, all at the same time.

Since regionals were on my mind today, I used the stamp set I got at the VA Beach Regional Seminar in April for this card. Double-Line Doodles is a fun set, but I haven't used it much since I got it. The sketch is one that Lauren/mytime posted on her blog. Here, I stamped the stem and flower images, then used an aquapainter and reinkers to color in the outlined image in the same color ink as the outline. I added some Stickles to the dots on the image, then set it on a pair of scalloped square punches that were connected to form a rectangular mat.

The patterned paper is from DCWV's Pocket Full of Posies line. I love the fun colors and glittery accents in these papers. I stocked up on 12x12 sheets when Michaels had them on sale for 4 sheets for $1.
The different-looking paper piercing on the card is just the backside of the paper. I had actually stamped images on one side of the cardstock. I ended up not liking the images, so I just flipped the strip over to the "blank" side and used it as is. The reversed holes add a different look. I'll have to remember to pull this set out again soon . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Double-Line Doodles, Short & Sweet, and Linen stamp sets; Soft Sky, Certainly Celery, and Regal Rose Classic inks; Soft Sky, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal, and Whisper White cardstock; Pretty in Pink grosgrain; mat pack and paper piercing tool; dimensionals
Other: Petite Sunrise Posies patterned paper (Pocket Full of Posies, DCWV); Turquoise and Lime Green Stickles (Ranger); giga scalloped square punch (Marvy Uchida); pink brads (Joann); yellow brad (Making Memories)

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty....and I love these colors together! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on this. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips