Saturday, August 11, 2007

Back to Bella

While I was getting ready to go to the Stampin' Up! convention, my Stamping Bellas were sadly neglected. I've missed them! Tonight, I pulled out one of my faves--Cosmobella--to try out Beate's weekend sketch challenge.

I stamped Cosmobella on white cardstock, then colored her with Prismacolor pencils. I added a little glitz on her flip flops and in her drink with a clear Stardust pen. To ground her, I created a mask for the Bella's feet, then stamped the Amuse skinny small oval stamp in Soft Sky. Soft Sky is a perfect color for this. The fun patterned paper is from a DCWV pad, The Glitter Stack. There's loads of sparkly glitter right in the paper's images. The card is pretty close to the sketch, but I think that the patterned paper should have been placed a little closer to the bottom edge of the card than it was . . . This sketch was so much fun to work with that I made multiple Bella cards (I think I'll be sending them out to some fellow Bella fans . . .) and I plan to try this layout with some other stamps as well. Look for them later this week.


Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Soft Sky classic ink; Cool Caribbean, Regal Rose, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock; corner rounder; dimensionals; 1" circle punch; rose grosgrain (retired)
Other: Cosmobella, cheers (Stamping Bella); skinny small oval (Amuse Art Stamps); Noir Black Palette ink (Stewart Superior); 1 1/8" circle punch (EK Success); patterned paper (DCWV's The Glitter Stack); Stardust clear pen (Sakura)

7 comments:

  1. Lori, that turned out super cute! Thanks so much for trying the sketch. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those colors!! It is so cheery!! WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Bella card came out so pretty. I love the papers and the colors that you used. :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Great designer paper. TFS

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips