Monday, August 6, 2007

Bright Birthday

The daugher of one of my friends is celebrating a birthday soon, so I wanted to create a bright, girly card for her. I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge for this layout. The card has a fun fold that took me a little while to figure out how to approach. It reminds me of a pocket card, but without the pocket insert. It took me quite a few tries to get the card photographed because the flap on the left wouldn't stay closed . . .

I used Groovy Guava for the card base. This color is growing on me the more and more I see it, even though I usually don't like shades of orange. The patterned paper is from a Making Memories 6x6 paper pad. All of the papers in the pad are really bright colors. The main image is from Eat Cake. I colored the layers of the cake with markers and cut them out, then raised them on dimensionals. I added some cut out balloons to the side of the cake panel, going off the edge of the panel just a little.

To attach the ribbons around the folded flap, I used the horizontal slot punch to make a slot to thread the ribbon through. The slot isn't visible from the front of the card because the ribbon ends cover it.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Eat Cake and Polka Dot stamp sets; Groovy Guava, Only Orange, and Pink Passion Classic inks; Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion, Only Orange, and Yoyo Yellow markers; Groovy Guava, Pink Passion, and Whisper White cardstock; Dazzling Diamonds; dimensionals; horizontal slot punch
Other: patterned paper (Making Memories Coastline collection); orange grosgrain (AC Moore dollar bin); self-adhesive rhinestones (Brenda Walton by K and Co.)

2 comments:

  1. Lori, your card looks very cute! Thanks so much for trying out the sketch. Have a great week. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, this is great! Love these colors together. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips