Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Challenge Combo

This card uses a sketch that Beate posted on her blog over the weekend and the colors from today's color combination challenge on SCS, Soft Sky and Groovy Guava. I added a little bit of Blue Bayou, too. I really like how it looks with Soft Sky.

This sketch is a great one for using patterned paper. Here, I used Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper and Fall Flowers designer paper. I think the Fall Flowers package is probably my favorite from the SU! Fall-Winter Collection. Groovy Guava isn't one of the main colors in the papers, but you can see a stripe of it in this diagonally striped paper. I added some faux stitching around it to go with the stitches in the ribbon.

The stamped images are from Vases in Vogue. I stamped the vase on Soft Sky cardstock, then cut it out and attached it to the white panel with dimensionals. It doesn't show up well in the photo, but the center of the flower is actually a small self-adhesive rhinestone.


Be sure to check back tomorrow. I'll have a blog candy treat to share with you . . .

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Vases in Vogue stamp set; Basic Black, Soft Sky, and Blue Bayou Classic inks; Certainly Celery marker; Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, and Whisper White cardstock; Soft Sky Prints Series and Fall Flower designer paper; corner rounder; white gel pen; mat pack and paper piercing tool; 3/4" circle punch; Blue Bayou stitched grosgrain; silver brads
Other: self-adhesive rhinestone (Joann); skinny small oval (Amuse Art Stamps); 7/8" circle punch

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Lori! Thanks a million for trying out the sketch. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERS! I really really really like this card! Awesome colors .. great layout! I may have to case this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty! Love the little splash of patterned paper. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips