Monday, August 20, 2007

Stuck on "Moose You"

Here's the card I made for my swap group's recent new catalog swap. I used one of my favorite new sets, Moose You. For a while, I was really stuck on using this set, but I've put it aside for a while to play with some other images. The layout is a simple one, adapted from an old inspiration sheet, I think. I used a variation of this card for a convention swap and as my card for a recent shoebox swap. I really like this card. Since it's not floral and girlie, it's a nice change from the typical "love you" card .

I fancied this version up for my swap group by adding a few extra details. I used a strip of designer paper. I also heat embossed the prickly guy with clear embossing powder for some added dimension and shine.

If you check back later this week, you'll see a slightly different take on this layout . . .

Materials Used (All from Stampin' Up!):
Moose You stamp set; Real Red and Night of Navy Classic inks; Close to Cocoa Craft ink; Creamy Caramel, Real Red, Soft Sky, and Whisper White cardstock; Soft Sky Prints Series designer paper; Crystal Clear embossing powder; White grosgrain; scallop punch; 1 3/8" circle punch; mat pack and paper piercing tool; white gel pen; word window punch; silver brad; dimensional

2 comments:

  1. This is TOOOO cute! Love that little porcupine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so sweet, it makes me really want this stamp set.
    Love that porcupine!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips