Friday, August 3, 2007

Home Again

I got home from Denver this evening. What a whirlwind trip! I had a fantastic time at the SU! convention and I'm already looking forward to next year's event in Salt Lake City. My roommates, who I hooked up with through SCS, were fantastic. We had a blast hanging out together all week. Our accommodations at the Curtis were great, too. We were on the 8th floor (sci-fi theme). Last night, we toured the hotel in the elevator, going from floor to floor to check out the themes and decor on all the floors. So funny! The staff was so helpful with everything--we really appreciated it. I would definitely stay there again if I return to Denver.

I haven't had time to load any convention pictures from my camera to my computer yet. I have a shoebox swap tomorrow that I need to finish preparing for, including baking a loaf of blueberry bread, and a huge pile of laundry to work on, so pictures will have to wait a little bit. I got home to find that my air conditioning is not working again. I had replaced the batteries in the thermostat before I left (following its directions when it said LOW BATT) and now it no longer shows anything on the LCD display. So, I can't control the temperature in the house and I have absolutely no idea what the temperature setting is, other than that it's quite uncomfortable in here. I may be sleeping on the sofa in the basement until I can get it repaired.

So, here's another one of my convention swaps instead of convention pics. I swapped a similar card at the Virginia Beach regional seminar in April. So many people liked it that I decided to adjust it a little (since the original version used Cool Caribbean) for convention. I stamped the Dotted background on Barely Banana cardstock to go with the giraffe's dots, or spots is more accurate, I guess. The giraffe's spots are punched out with 1/16" and 1/8" handheld punches, then backed with a piece of Creamy Caramel cardstock. I found that this was a popular swap again--it was the first card that I ran out of when I was swapping.

Materials Used:
Wild About You and Dotted stamp sets; Bodacious jumbo wheel and handle; Barely Banana and Not Quite Navy Classic inks; Barely Banana Craft ink; Barely Banana, Night of Navy, Mellow Moss, Creamy Caramel, and Whisper White cardstock; mat pack and paper piercing tool; dimensionals; 1/16" and 1/8" handheld punches; Mellow Moss grosgrain; Crystal Clear embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips