Saturday, August 4, 2007

Still Recovering

No stamping tonight . . . I spent the day at a shoebox swap in Baltimore and made lots of great cards. I'm using a slightly different version (a few more steps and pieces involved) of the card I shared at the shoebox swap today for an upcoming new catalog swap with my swap group, so I want to wait to share it until after I've sent it in for the swap. Tonight I'll be cleaning my stamping area, which I left kind of messy when I went to Denver last weekend. Unfortunately, it did not magically clean itself while I was gone--kind of like how the air conditioning didn't magically repair itself either. Since the basement (where my stamping room is located) is the coolest and most tolerable level of my house right now--and that's not saying much--I figured I should just get the clean-up taken care of and save the stamping for tomorrow.

Here's another card I swapped in at convention in Denver. This was the second card I created for the session 2 SCS dinner swap. I participated in two groups, so I made two different cards to swap. This one was made using Doodle This. It used the crayon resist technique. It is so bright and vibrant in person. I used sponge daubers to fill in the colors on the images. They made it really easy to get the color where I wanted it and in the right intensity. I was able to get 8 stamped pieces from each piece of glossy cardstock, so it made these cards quick and easy to produce in a large quantity(45 or so).

Materials Used:
Doodle This and Wonderful Words stamp sets; Pixie Pin, Almost Amethyst, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, and Basic Black Classic inks; Tempting Turquoise and Pixie Pink cardstock; Glossy White cardstock; white grosgrain; mat pack and paper piercing tool

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips