Sunday, September 9, 2007

Fall Fun for VSN

This weekend was Virtual Stamp Night on SCS. Different challenges were posted on Friday and Saturday and I was able to participate in a few of the challenges. All of my cards, except for one, have a decidedly fall theme.

This card was for the challenge to make a card that reflected departure or someone going away. For this card, I used a new Amuse stamp that I picked up at AC Moore during a 40% off sale they were having. The empty tire swing makes me think of people gone away, whether it be back to work or school. I colored the tire swing image with Prismacolor pencils using fall colors. The tire is colored with a Sakura glaze pen for some gloss.

The leaf is a stamp from the retired Shapes & Shadows set. I think I'll send this off to one of my best friends who moved to North Carolina last fall. She was one of my colleagues at school and I definitely miss her around the start of the school year.

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Shapes & Shadows, Sanded, and Fundamental Phrases stamp sets; More Mustard, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, and Basic Black Classic inks; Ruby Red, More Mustard, Old Olive, and Whisper White cardstock; sponge; dimensionals
Other: Tire Swing stamp (Amuse Art Stamps); Prismacolor pencils; black Glaze pen (Sakura); mega oval and giga scalloped oval punches (Marvy Uchida); American Crafts ribbon

This card was for a challenge to use a resist technique. I used crayon resist here. I really like using Doodle This for this technique. Usually, when I pair the two, I've used bright, vibrant colors. Here, I used a bunch of colors from the Earth Elements color family (Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, and Cameo Coral) for a fall feel. I dotted on the ink using sponge daubers.

The sentiment is heat embossed on a piece of white vellum. Because of the layout, I was able to secure the vellum with glue under the wide ribbon and with brads at the other end.

Materials Used:
From Stampin Up!: Doodle This and Wonderful Words II stamp sets; Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Summer Sun, and Basic Black Classic inks; Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Glossy White cardstock; white vellum; Versamark; black embossing powder; wide Chocolate Chip grosgrain; corner rounder
Other: mustard brads (Making Memories); crayon


I think this waterfall card is my favorite one for the challenges. I have this waterfall card thing down to a science now after having decided to use this type of card for my holiday card one year. Making over 100 of these will do that to you! I used the pumpkins and faces from Carved & Candlelit here, along with patterned paper from Martha Stewart's line. When the waterfall piece is fully extended, it reveals the word "boo!" So cute!




Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Carved & Candlelit stamp set; Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Basic Black Classic inks; Versamark; Summer Sun, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock; Clear and White embossing powder
Other: small black eyelets (Making Memories); medium black eyelet (American Crafts); letter stamps (KI Memories); black dotted organdy (Michaels)



The final card is the non-fall themed one. It's a congratulations card for a good friend of mine who's just found out she's having a baby. Since it's too early for her to know whether she's having a boy or a girl, I needed to go gender neutral on this one.

I used a Stamping Bella Pregabella image I got through an image swap here and colored her with Prismacolor pencils. The Certainly Celery background is embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder to go along with the dots on the patterned paper. I added some rhinestones for extra dazzle.
Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!: Fundamental Phrases stamp set; Soft Sky Classic ink; Certainly Celery Craft ink; Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Pixie Pink, Ballet Blue, and Whisper White cardstock; slit punch; dimensionals
Other: Pregabella stamp (Stamping Bella); small skinny oval stamp (Amuse); Prismacolor pencils; rhinestone (Walmart); green dotted organdy (Michaels); patterned paper (KI Memories); Spots & Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

Now that I'm done with my cards, I have some time to spend checking out everyone else's fantastic creations for the challenges.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT cards!!! Wish I'd participated this past weekend! Looked like fun!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips