Monday, September 10, 2007

Delicate Butterflies

This card is based on a sketch posted last week on Lauren's blog. I really like the simplicity of this layout, so I had to give it a try. Since Priceless hasn't gotten put away yet, I used it again on this card.

I dry embossed the two squares at the bottom left corner of the Bashful Blue cardstock using SU!'s retired Shapes Classy Brass Template. It's been a while since last pulled out that light table . . . I used Almost Amethyst Classic ink to stamp a butterfly in each raised square and added a paper pierced "flight path" for each butterfly using the dots from a section of one of the swirls on the Priceless Classy Brass Template. The vellum butterflies that overlay the stamped ones are stamped in craft ink, then heat embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder.

I brushed my White craft ink pad along the edges and front of the Bashful Blue cardstock for a soft look that goes along with the delicate vellum. It's hard to see in the photo, but I promise it's there!

In Lauren's version of this sketch, her squares are stamped and the sentiment is placed within the top square. Mine wouldn't fit there, so I ended up placing it to the right of the lower square. The card seemed a bit empty, so I added a piece of striped ribbon to the top of the card, too.

My long-awaited
Stamping Bella order arrived today. I'm off to ink up some of my new Bella beauties!

Materials Used:
From Stampin' Up!:Priceless and Fundamental Phrases stamp sets; Elegant Eggplant and Almost Amethyst Classic inks; Almost Amethyst and White Craft inks; Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, and Bashful Blue cardstock; white vellum; Shapes and Priceless Classy Brass Templates; Empressor; mat pack and paper piercing tool; Iridescent Ice embossing powder
Other: striped grosgrain (Michaels dollar bin)

6 comments:

 
Blogging tips