Saturday, September 29, 2007

New Stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps

I got an order in the mail today from a brand new company called Kitchen Sink Stamps. I saw their banner ad earlier this week on SCS and decided to check them out, and of course, ended up ordering something. The set I ordered does 3-step stamping. That's right--three steps! The stamps are a high-quality clear photopolymer so they'll be quick and easy to place just right. I have a feeling I'll be going back to Kitchen Sink Stamps to order some more very soon--maybe the cool set that reminds me of SU!'s Pick a Petal or the great-looking alphabet . . .

Here's my very first card using the 3-Step Daisy set. I decided on this set because it doesn't look like any of the other sets in my collection. I did a quick practice run on a piece of scrap paper to make sure I had an idea of how to line the images up, then gave it a try on a piece of shimmery white cardstock. I stepped out of the fall palette of colors I've been going to recently and used pinks and reds here. Starting with the lightest color, I was able to easily stamp these big flowers. The three layers of color give the images a lot of depth and detail.

After stamping the flowers and adding leaves, I used the color spritzer to add some celery ink as an accent--a little more blotchy in places than I would have liked (I guess I should have practiced this on some scrap paper first, too . . .). The final touch was some small pearl beads I placed at the center of the flowers. They were actually the most difficult part of the card--they kept sticking to my fingers instead of to the card!

So, what do you think? Check out Kitchen Sink Stamps and leave a comment to let me know.

Materials Used:
Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, and Always Artichoke Classic inks, Rose Red and Shimmery White cardstock, Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain, Certainly Celery marker, Color Spritzer (Stampin' Up!); Daisies stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); pearl beads (Walmart)

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - great way to use those new stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lori! I love that daisy. It is very different and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty Card....
    Love flowers.
    Thanks for sharing...
    and thanks for the site..
    will check it out.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beauty!! I thought it was pattern paper before I read it!
    Absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your card and these stamps are gorgeous! I'm very interested but I couldn't get anywhere on their site. It just said "coming soon". I'll try again. Thanks so much for sharing. Again, you did a beautiful job on this card! Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is beautiful! Wow---3 step stamping; you executed it perfectly! I've got to play with those stamps! I'm going to check out that site. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is gorgeous!! I love the colors you used. I bought this set and love it:) The pearl centers are a beautiful embellishment with the flower.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips