Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Two Tries

I liked the layout Beate posted on her blog as her weekend sketch challenge, but for some reason I had a hard time making it work. Maybe it would have been better if I'd tried a square card instead of a standard sized one. Anyway, here's what I came up with.

This card was actually inspired by the American Crafts flower ribbon I used across the bottom. I loved the fun fall colors, so that led to a fall colored, flower themed card. I used Stamping Bella's Flowahbella image here. I colored her with Prismacolor pencils and added details with Stickles. The sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink set.

The big flower embellishment is actually 4 different velvet Prima flowers, layered and held together with a rhinestone brad from Target's Dollar Spot. The flowers on the ribbon reminded me of the Cuttlebug Bloom Dots embossing folder, so I used it on the cardfront. I'm not sure about this one. Maybe it's too busy?



Here's the other card I created. It doesn't quite match the sketch, but it's pretty close. It uses the Stem Silhouettes set for the main image and sentiment. I colored the image with markers, then stamped it on Very Vanilla cardstock. The little blossoms are covered with Dazzling Diamonds.

And, to add even more shimmer and shine, I used some Bronze Glimmer Mist over the image. I've seen lots of people do beautiful things with Glimmer Mist, but I just can't get the hang of using this stuff! I shook the bottle up real well, sprayed from a distance and moved the bottle as I misted, but there are still globs on my cardstock (and my bathroom sink, but that's easy to fix at least). I do have to admit that where it isn't blotchy, it does make a really cool effect. Anyone have any helpful tips for me on using this?

Materials Used:
Flower Card:
From Stampin' Up!: Basic Black and Chocolate Chip Classic ink; Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, and Whisper White cardstock; corner rounder; pop up glue dot
Other: Flowahbella stamp (Stamping Bella); sentiment (Papertrey Ink's Green Thumb set); Bloom Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); velvet flowers (Prima); Fruit Punch and Candy Cane Stickles (Ranger); ribbon (American Crafts); rhinestone brad (Target); red textured paper (?)
Stem Silhouettes Thank You:
From Stampin' Up!: Stem Silhouettes and Sanded stamp sets; Old Olive and Chocolate Chip Classic inks; Old Olive and Ruby Red markers; Old Olive, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, and Very Vanilla cardstock; Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain; ticket corner punch; corner rounder; mat pack and paper piercing tool; Dazzling Diamonds; dimensionals
Other: Bronze Glimmer Mist; brads (Making Memories)

3 comments:

  1. Love the colors and dry embossing and the ginormous flower on your first card.
    Love your second card even more.
    Thanks so much for playing with the sketch. Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these turned out wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips