Thursday, October 18, 2007

Bella Challenge 1

This Bella card is for the very first Bella Challenge in the new SCS Stamping Bella Member Company forum. It's fun to have a place to "meet" with other Stamping Bella fans. This first challenge was a sketch challenge and I just couldn't resist trying it out.

I've had this Winobella stamp for a while and knew she was the perfect one for the first Bella challenge. I stamped the Bella on white cardstock, then stamped her again on patterned paper so I could cut out her dress and add it to the panel. I love the pattern and texture on the paper--so fun and perfect for paper piecing! It's from a K and Company Amy Butler mat pack. I used the colors from the paper to select the colors for the rest of the card. I don't know if I would have used the olive and pink together otherwise.

To match the dress, I used the Cuttlebug TinyBubbles embossing folder for the bright pink panel on the side of the card. I added a paper pierced (wow, paper pierced and paper pieced all in one post . . .) strip to the edge to pull in the green that I used to mat the main image.

The sentiment is also from Stamping Bella. I punched it out with an oval punch and added a ribbon scrap and a rhinestone brad.
I'm looking forward to participating in future challenges with the rest of the SCS Bella Sistahs!

Materials Used:
Winobella and sentiment (Stamping Bella); small skinny oval (Amuse Art Stamps); Old Olive, Pixie Pink, Gable Green, and Whisper White cardstock, Basic Black and Soft Sky inks, large oval punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, Certainly Celery grosgrain, silver brad (Stampin' Up!); Prismacolor pencils; clear and black Glaze pens, Stardust gel pen (Sakura); rhinestone brad (Making Memories); Tiny Bubbles embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Amy Butler mat pack (K & Company)

4 comments:

  1. Love the card! I do not own a Bella, but they are so cute! Very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you'll see alot of beautiful bellas in that challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh darn, I knew there was another challenge I wanted to do yesterday...lol! Your card is awesome! That's such a fun bella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Bella, she is awesome. After I saw your card, I 'needed' to order them. THanks for sharing! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips